Tuesday, January 5, 2016

November 2, 2015

Dear Mom and family!
So real quick to answer those first questions! Ephrata is completely different than Moses Lake right down to the members... hahaha it’s crazy but really fun and a good experience in learning how to work with all types of people! I love it up here. Our little Spanish group of 5 members got combined this week with the English ward so we'll see how that goes! I”ll be getting to do translation again! Elder G is from Utah and he's got about 6 weeks left hahaha little less than 6 months. But he works super hard and doesn’t let it get to him so that is super good! We call it getting trunky! hahahaha  So this week has been amazing! The Lord has been putting people in our path left and right and  it’s been incredible! We found a new family last night and a few potentials throughout the week--so we were pretty stoked! Halloween was awesome we went in early because of the trick or treaters but we didn’t get any. We were a little sad, but the Elders we live with are super fun so it was still a good time! Hey-- Thank you so much for that package! I loved it!  All the candy was perfect and those m&ms were bomb! hahaha But seriously-- I appreciated it so much!

I love you guys so much and sounds like you had an awesome week! With Halloween and everything sounds like things are about to get cray-cray hahaha!!  Seriously, Mom, you couldn’t be more right. Discouragment is probably one of the devils best tools for members of the church. I can feel it all the time out here.  It just depends on if we dwell on it or not! I study a lot about virtue and the power behind it and it's so incredible. It really is self-mastery.  The atonement is such a big part in everything we do, everything we are. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and what He has done and continues to do for me!

So this week has been filled with miracles ever since the beginning! Every companionship  in the zone is seeing miracles and it’s so awesome to see. The spirit is just lighter and everyone is changing. It’s amazing! We were counseling together,  Elder G and I, and the Lord showed us this awesome idea and vision for the zone! We are calling it “A Night in White” and it’s a stake wide baptismal service!!! Every companionship is going to baptize on November 28th and everyone is going to wear white ties or  dresses.   It’s going to be amazing and I can’t wait to see the change that happens here! We are just seeing so many miracles in our area! We met the V family who are incredible! We were standing at their door and it was kinda sounding like they didn’t really want to talk to us but I was praying super hard in my heart and then out of no where he said "entonces quieren pasar por un momento?" and we went in and taught the restoration.  The spirit was so strong! Sometimes I wonder why I ever doubt... the Lord provides every single time!!hahaha  It’s amazing and now they are on date for the 28th!! We’re so stoked!!

Man I love and miss you guys so much!! You’re seriously the best family in the world! Everyday I realize that and thank my Heavenly Father for that!
Love you guys so much
Elder Oliver 

No comments:

Post a Comment