Friday, October 16, 2015

September 7, 2015


Dear Mom and family! 
Ok first off, I’m super sorry about the short letters. Sometimes I do run low on time and I’m the worst at typing but please don’t write shorter letters! Seriously I love them and look forward to them every week!

So this week was nuts and not going to lie-- I’m a little nervous. So Elder Krogue is getting transferred to Yakima which makes me want to cry but on top of that they are splitting me and the other zone leader up to train, so it's nuts!! haha  We're kinda by ourselves but kinda not haha! It’s going to be different. Don’t get me wrong though I’m super excited-- I know I’m going to learn a ton and that this is what the Lord wants for me! So I’m stoked! I know the Lord will provide a way!  I feel like that’s how my whole mission is--just the Lord always blessing and providing a way as long as I walk in faith! That’s really all we have to do, just have faith and keep on trying!! The Lord expects nothing else. We don’t have to be perfect. That’s the hard part for me! I just want to be the best that I can be right now hahaha but I need to have experiences and learn! So that is what will be happening this next transfer. Man its going to be a party! hahaha   As for some other cool things that happened this week-- the M family is still killin it! They are seriously the best, just moving right a long to the 19th! We did meet this guy on the road that tried to tell me that aliens are real and have been messing with us this whole time to make us believe in God.... so that was funny/weird!! hahaha  One of my favorite memories of this week was last night. We were over at this members home trying to get housing stuff for the zone all situated and we were able  to do family prayer and scripture with them! These kids were seriously the cutest and it was incredible! It changed my life. That’s how I want my family to be even when the missionaries are over-- to be praying and reading! I’ve seriously learned and changed so much out here it doesn’t even feel real.  I love this gospel more than anything! I love changing and trying harder and harder every day! I love you guys so much and am so grateful for all that you do and have done for me! You guys are incredible! Ohhh one last funny story that I kinda told Chloe... so we were tracting and we knock on this door at 8:30 and this huge black guy comes and says in Morgan Freeman’s voice, “Good evenin’  brotha’s” hahaha so of course we talk to him and turns out he's a Reverend! haha When we left all he said was, “Stay true in the blood-- brotha’s” hahaha whatever that means. But he was really nice! haha I love people so much! You meet so many cool people out here and it’s cool to know how much potential they have! How they truly all are God's children and how he loves every single one of them,  even if they're mean! hahaha 

Anyways I love you guys so much! I love this church so much and I know with all my heart that it’s true! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer! I know that God is our Heavenly Father and loves us more than we can even comprehend! This gospel truly changes lives and it has changed mine. I’m so grateful for this opportunity that I have for a whole two years to represent my Savior. He means everything to me and I can never truly repay Him but I can bring souls unto Him! 
Love you guys! 
Elder Oliver 
Ps sooo my grey suit may or may not have ripped hahaha I don’t think it’s meant to be worn every day... I’m so sorry some of my clothes aren’t doin' so hot through this summer... I don’t know what to do. It kinda fuzzed and then ripped is there any way to save it?  It is my favorite suit!

No comments:

Post a Comment