Monday, August 10, 2015

May 25, 2015

(Wow!! I am so far behind!!)
Dear Mom y familia, 
The sickness is gone and yes I think I know exactly what food it was but it’s all good! haha
That’s crazy that school is out!! haha It went by so fast-- sorry I had to say it. Sounds like you guys have an awesome summer planned! Eat lots of that crab soup for me! haha 

As for this week, it was the best week of the mission so far!!! Such an awesome and spiritual one! So the G’s are long gone.  It’s the S’s that I’ve been talking about and yes they did get baptized!!!!!! It was so awesome and they asked Elder Cataldo and I to do it-- so it was my first baptism and confirmation in Spanish!!! It was so awesome! But first they had to have some interviews which I was a little nervous for because its basically to see their desires and if the missionaries taught them well enough.   They passed and they came out crying and said it was one of the most spiritual experiences for them. Then came the baptism--It was so cool guys! The whole family--well besides Joshua, because he's 7 but still they were all so excited and showed up 30 min early! What Mexican does that?! hahaha  Normally it doesn’t start until 30 min later! haha  But it was so cool and it’s always the best to baptize because we get to see their face as soon as it comes out of the water and not to be dramatic or anything but you can really see them just glow! It was so cool! I can’t really describe it to well, but I do have pics!! haha 

Other than that this week was really good and I love my mission so much! It’s getting a little warmer but still hasn’t broken 100 so everyone is dying besides me! hahaha  It’s been really good and it’s just a party everyday! Ok maybe not everyday-- some days get kinda hard but really it’s not bad at all when you can really rely on the Savior. Any trial we go through or any stress or bad feelings that we have-- we can rely and trust in the Savior and He will lead us and help us through anything!! 

We are going to the Temple this week and I am stoked! So today is a weird p-day-- we don’t have a full one... but it’s all good because the Temple is worth it! 

I love you guys and miss you guys so much! Have an awesome week and an awesome summer!! 

Love Elder Oliver 

No comments:

Post a Comment