Tuesday, June 9, 2015

April 20, 2015

Dear Mom y familia! 
So first I couldn’t send pictures last time because we were on different computers and I didn’t have a card ready haha!!  Mom, I really do know that our Heavenly Father is always with us! No matter what we are going through, He is there. Even if we are just really tired He knows and wants to help us! hahaha I was reading D&C 6 this morning and the Lord is talking to Oliver but we can apply it to ourselves a ton! It's really good! 

It’s good to hear everyone is doing great! Seriously it makes it easier out here!!haha  But as for this week, it was an amazing kinda crazy week!! But I loved it! So this week we had interviews with our President, which is always the best! I love my President so much! He’s the nicest most spiritual guy ever! I love him and every opportunity I have to talk with him! He always is able to give me and say to me things that help so much! He’s really an awesome guy! haha  Something really funny that he told me was that my companion is a social butterfly and I died laughing hahahahaha!!  I told my comp and he was so embarrassed haha!!! iIt was so funny we just laughed forever hahaha   So that was really funny but that day started out so bad!!haha So we had in our planners and everything that the training started at 12 and I went on exchanges the day before and the Elder took our phone so we had no way of knowing that it was actually at 10!!  So we are just sitting,  studying our language and the zone leaders come bursting into our apartment (it was locked) and all I said was, “Hey Elders what’s up?” Just so chill hahaha!! It was so bad but we just rushed to the training and luckily President knew it was an honest mistake and all he said was-- it’s a good thing you were being obedient and thought it was the funniest thing as Elder Cataldo and I felt like the worst missionaries ever!! hahaha It was rough, but its ok hahaha!!  Some other stuff that happened this week was we built something for the Garcia’s from Ikea so I’m glad I got some practice with dad before hahaha!!  Also my companion  broke our bed haha so that was super funny!  Our bed is this really sketchy bunk bed and I guess while he was getting up,  the poles just snapped hahaha!  We also had to translate for church this Sunday which was a little weird but kinda cool (really hard). I don’t know-- as a missionary you have some of the most random experiences but they are just the best and nothing matters because our whole purpose is just to go out and preach the gospel and that’s honestly the best part of everyday! Just everyone we get to talk to and tell them of the most important message in the entire world. The message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only message that can change people’s entire lives! It’s the coolest thing ever and I know its true with all my heart! Every time I share the first vision the Spirit is just undeniable. There is nothing like it!  I’ve never been happier and filled with more love than I am right now! It’s just the most fulfilling thing out there!   The Silva family is still doing way good! We love them! We have a lesson with them today so we are super stoked! 
I love and miss you guys a ton! Hope you have an awesome week! 
Love, Elder Oliver 

ps one more story--
So we were walking down the road after kind of a hard lesson and this guy pulls over and asks if we've got like 20 seconds and of course we kinda get tense but the Spirit told both of us to just relax. The guy then grabs our shoulders and just says he wants to say a prayer and bless us. He says this awesome prayer with some really cool stuff and than says thanks and leaves. Normally we would’ve felt weird or bad but we just felt super good! The Spirit was so strong! It was so cool to see that the Lord cares about us so much and wants the best for us and will put people in our paths just to bless us!  
I LOVE THIS GOSPEL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment