Wednesday, March 2, 2016

January 4, 2016


Dear Mom and family,
Sounds like you guys had an incredible week though! I do not miss taking down the Christmas decorations that's for sure! hahaha But that's so good to hear that everyone is getting good at snowboarding!  I also forgot to tell you my gift to Christ. This year it’s going to be pride. I really am trying to become a nice always gentle meek person. So that’s my goal for the year--as well to dunk a basketball!! hahahaha Just kidding!

So this week was crazy, that’s for sure! We didn’t really get too much time in our own area. But we still saw tons of miracles and God blessed us way too much! So Quincy is pretty close but I’ve never seen her. She’s been telling everyone though that she's seen me since I was in diapers, so I’ll get random people coming up to me telling me that this lady in Quincy has known me since diapers!! hahahahaha I met her that one time in Wenatchee but never here. She’s super nice I would love to run into her! This week has been super cold and super snowy, probably more than a foot. Elder W and I just kinda run everywhere we go!! hahahaha  This week on Wednesday we went up to a town called Omak and then to a town real close to the border called Oroville which was super cold. We visited the Sister companionship up there and then went on exchanges in Omak and then on Thursday in Coulee Dam.  There was a lot of driving involved but it’s super fun because I love Elder W and we just talk about everything. He helps me so much! We have also made a lot of really funny videos! hahahaha I think you'll like them!  We did have a lot of really cool spiritual experiences this week.  Probably one of the coolest was when we were out on New Years with our group leader and he suggested we go by a less active who they haven't seen in 6 years.  Well she was home!!   She has been wanting us to come by for soooo long, she just works a ton-- 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Her prayer though was the most spiritual part. I haven’t heard a prayer that humble and loving and desperate in a long time. All of us were in tears. You only get experiences like that out here and they are so hard to explain but that's why they are the best!
So our Spanish group here is really really small! hahaha This Sunday we had sacrament on the stage... it was super different but still great and spiritual. I had to lead the music and if you know Spanish singers, imagine them without a piano!  I was pretty much just singing a solo!! hahahaha But testimony meeting was super cool. People get up that never would in a bigger setting and theirs are always the best! I love the little group we have and how close we are! It’s seriously incredible!
Oh also this week we did some really nasty service... we were taking out and replacing carpet.  But not just any carpet,  carpet with dog and cat poop just mashed in. Ahh man,  it was disgusting and smelt terrible but feels so good!! I love doing service its a great feeling!
I love you guys and hope you all have a great week going back to school and everything! Time is going by way too fast!
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment