Wednesday, March 30, 2016

January 11, 2016

Clay and one of his first converts going through the Temple!
Dear Mom and of course La Familia!
So sounds like your week was nuts!! I don’t know how you make it through! haha But you're a pro at it! Dance seems just nuts! hahaha  Happy birfday Cami! I love you guys so much!

This week was just incredible and crazy all at the same time! hahaha  So  we got transfer calls and we're staying!!!! We are so stoked! It’s going to be a great transfer! Our whole apartment gets to stay and we are going to start working out super hard you know... so we can dunk it! hahaha So there has been a lot of awesome things this week! The mission is really changing the culture and everything! President really made a good point that this is the first year as the Yakima mission! So we've changed some things and it's going to be an incredible year! I’m so excited! We also have training by the missionary council coming up so that will be awesome! Something else that was super funny that happened this week was L, (a recent convert from Moses lake) told the missionaries that he needed to talk to me but he wouldn’t say why.  So the whole mission started getting curious.  I  called him (after getting permission from President) and all he wanted was
Dad's number because he has a dump truck he's trying to sell in AZ! hahahahaha  So funny but it was like talking to part of my family! It was so good to hear them and just talk to them for 5 min. They are still doing great! There have just been tons of miracles this week! Our area is just exploding! God is blessing us so much! We have our one male member who has started to take us to his family (we are really the first because he is super careful with his fam and we've spent all this time building up trust and praying and now it is finally  taking off) His name is R and he says he wants to come out with us every night! On Friday he brought us to his brother’s house to share the restoration and the whole family was there!  The mom and one of the sons came to church and the son that was at church said he wants to be baptized! It’s just incredible and God is just putting them in our lap! hahaha Our goal is to one Sunday have more investigators than members hahahaha it’s awesome! They are really my family! We are all so close and it just feels like a big Mexican fam! haha  R and his fam are my favorites though! His kids are awesome! They are like mine and Elder W’s little brothers! haha They always want to sit by us at church! I just really do love being a missionary, there is nothing better! I love the people here and just the love that you can feel God has for them! Something I’m really trying to work on is seeing everyone through God's eyes and recognizing if my love is conditional. There is an awesome talk from last conference!
Anyways I hope you guys have a great week and know how much I love you! You’re all incredible and examples to me!

Love Elder Oliver 

No comments:

Post a Comment