Tuesday, September 9, 2014

(Clay checking into the Mexico MTC)
Mom,
Yeah I’m sooooo sorry about that mom!! I totally forgot to put next week and once I got the package, which was great, but I felt so bad. Ok speed round-- the food isn’t really too good so I just eat a lot of fruit and I’ve lost like 7 pounds haha!  But it is so amazing here Mom, the spirit is so strong!! Don’t get me wrong it’s really hard and this week has been the longest week of my life haha! but it’s been good. I got made the district leader the day we got here which was kinda nuts but it’s helped me so much. The language is very hard... but I am picking up a lot and have been putting all my faith in Christ and I can honestly feel him holding my hand and helping me. It’s so cool I love the gospel and I can’t wait to share it with everyone!! Also-- so we had like this fake investigator that ends up being our teacher tomorrow but we had to give her a few lessons. The first two were kinda rough but the third was amazing!! I have never felt the spirit so strong and I didn’t even know what I was saying but it was Spanish haha! I bore my testimony and was just crying soooo hard hahaha! I’ve found out I’m a huge cry baby haha!  She was crying too so it was way good! Then the fourth lesson we committed her to baptism!!! Even though it was fake it was so cool! I cannot wait to actually change someone’s life for eternity!  I’ve made some really good friends in here and so that’s fun. The weather here is literally perfect! Like 70 with clouds and some light sprinkles haha! Except for yesterday-- It rained so hard and for so long that all the streets were filled. But ok-- so we are like in a walled area and just outside is the city, which is nuts. All night you here gun shots then sirens-- gun shots then more sirens hahha! It’s so crazy but so cool! Everyday my testimony grows and I realize there is absolutely no better place for me to be... besides watching TV late at night  with you lololo just kidding! I love you guys so much!  You are the best family ever!  Oh and everyone has pictures of their girls on their desk-- I have a picture of me and you haha! 
Love, Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment