Tuesday, November 18, 2014

October 20, 2014

Hola familia!!!
Ok so first about you guys! Mom that’s so awesome! One of the things I miss most is going to the Temple and feeling the amazing spirit that is there! I guess we get to go every other transfer so I’m super stoked!!   So first-- about my comp. He’s amazing haha!  He’s just like Chantz!! It’s kinda weird sometimes, but we get a long really well and we both have the same goals so it’s really nice! We have a lot of similarities, its kinda weird-- his name is Clayton haha and his  mom’s name is Lanae. Well that’s her middle name, but she goes by it. He went to Mountain View so we know a lot of the same people but really, it’s awesome! The area is awesome!! The  English ward is super nice and loves to feed us but I think we’ve had lasagna or however you spell it hahaha like 7 times already haha!!  It’s good because everyone is so nice! We also serve in a Spanish group.  It’s not big enough to be a branch so we have a ton of work to do! ;) haha!! I’m super excited! Spanish people are so much nicer by the way haha!!  We spend a lot of time knocking and talking which means a lot of doors in my face haha! but you know it's really just made me so much stronger! I have thought a lot and sometimes people don’t know or think they need this gospel... but they do!  Whether they except it or not,  it’s my job to let them have the opportunity to learn because this gospel really is what brings true happiness. We ran into this girl last night and she gave us  all these excuses of why she can’t go to church but what it really comes down to is-- this gospel can help everyone with everything! Whether it’s being nervous or having a dirty house or having  kids that are crazy-- it’s hard to know that this gospel will help her with every last one of her problems, and tell her that --but have her not except it.   I guess everyone has their agency. I don’t know, this gospel and teaching people about it has made me so happy in my life!! haha I love it!   I feel like I always say this,  but really when I lay down and think of why I’m so happy it’s because of this church. The area is still a little difficult because we are trying to meet people but we did meet this awesome part member family who are like these cowboys and they have this little daughter who is super cute just this little cowgirl. Well  they hadn’t been to church in awhile so we went to visit them and helped move some hay (you’d be surprised what you can do in church clothes hahaha!!) Then they came to church this Sunday!!  The daughter had baked us some cookies and drew some pictures for us--she’s the best! haha The people here have already been amazing!  On Saturday,  we had this day of service and went to a cemetery and probably planted like 15 trees haha!! It was actually super fun! It was just my comp and I  and the bishop, his wife and daughter! Oh yeah--these ladies helped us out and they were awesome and super funny! It’s just a little town so we always run into some awesome people!  The best news of this week is-- we have an investigator on date for baptism!!!!  It was so awesome!  The last missionaries dropped him but on Wednesday, we  thought we would  go over and just talk.  We had this awesome super spiritual lesson and at the end, asked him if he would like to be baptized and he said YES!!!  It was the best! His name is Bob.  It was by far the best feeling ever. Now I just hope he keeps going strong and progressing!  This week has been awesome and I love you guys so much!  Oh also,  I didn’t know, this but I guess in our mission we can only where plain shirts--which kinda stinks but it’s fine, I just flip them all inside out hahaha!!  I love you guys and miss you so much! These are like the best months to be an Oliver haha!! You guys have Halloween, Disneyland, Thanksgiving and then Christmas haha!! The best! 
Love Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment